Sunday, May 25, 2008

De Deadly Drill

U hav heard abt it, but i don't think many wud hav xperienced it. Old grandmother stories talk abt the torture, the pain, the life altering trauma and its consequences after a visit to THE DENTIST!!! 2 keep it short, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
my trip to drillsville came as a direct result one too many complaints 2 mom abt discomfort in my lower jaw. What were intended as ruses 2 keep her from driving me 2 study ended up as a pretty good xplanation of the proverb 'from the fryin pan into the frikkin FIRE'. needless to say, calls were made, appointments were fixed n' my soul was sold 2 the devil. ever the irrepressible i tried my best to wriggle out of the dastardly situation by professing my amazement at the remarkable change in fortune that the toothache had mysteriously disappeared. but when fate's got u'r name first on hotlist to hell there's pretty much nothin u can do abt it. i was gagged and taken in the trunk of the car all the way to ****** Dental Centre! (name withheld for fear of life). The white lab coat clothed demons at ****** welcomed me inside with pleasant smiles. one look at their equipments n' suddenly my tongue was fighting with a furiosouly beating heart for space in my mouth. speed was of the essence. I had noticed while outside that a load of bricks was stacked up just below the window of the centre. Although it was a good 20 foot drop to ground i figured the bricks would break my fall (not literally). But just then, to my utter consternation, one of the demons ordered its slave creature 2 shut the windows. 'to prevent insects from flying in' it said, but i knew the truth. It was really meant to prevent this little bug from flying out *gasp* As i was made to lie down on an ultra soft flexible couch thingy, i feverently prayed for a miracle to save me from my untimely doom. I opened my mouth and the last thing i remember was the blood curdling scream...
I woke up some time later hoping to see Gandhiji, Nehru and the cute little pet kitten which i accidentally flushed down the toilet last week; but wonder of wonders i was sitting in the waiting room of ****** Dental Centre with an ice pack taped to one side of my face. Upon my awakening joyous shouts rent the air. i started waving the cheers down, playing down the great escape as merely a walk in the park for me. It was only later that i realised that the shouts were really for the demon who struggled to its feet beside me. upon seeing the inside of my buccal cavity it had become so filled with terror that it screamed and passed out. Its demoness partner came up n' somehow managed to twist and pound my teeth back into shape. for the trouble it took them, i was given a broken molar as a parting gift. All said and done, my parents praised me for the courage i showed in not letting out a single squeak (Little do they know that i zonked out before i cud even think abt screaming) But like all pretty smiles, their admirations too came to an end, when they received a bill with more digits than i can count. N my jaw still hurts..

11 comments:

Unknown said...

damn! ur good....!!!
i really really njoyed tht...!!!
yeah fosbi...!!! hope u ve given some articles like this for the mag...!! ;)

thebeardedman said...

Oh the pure unadulterated joy of reading my first proper comment! yey! thanx sis..unfortunately i cudn't contact Nishok in time. i'll try giving sumthin for the college mag. mebbe this article itself, copy-paste :)

Anonymous said...

actually...haf way thru this thingy i lost track...or was it u who lost it???

Unknown said...

dude brush ur teeth properly bugger! and believe me the dentists ain't such a scary thing. i have experienced a lot myself.

teena12a said...

finally i find someone who is goin to be a doc himself and is scared of dentists[/)] i thought i was d only one!
good one[:)] my dread of dentists just increased aftr reading ur vivid account![:O][:(]

thebeardedman said...

@tha
in case u didn't notice, i passed halfway thru i passed out :D

@deepak
u don't know.. U'VE never been to ****** Dental Centre. n' brushing never happens if u'r wake up call is the lunch bell :)

@Teena
haha. but luckily cmc doesn't have dentists. so i'm safe as long as i'm there..

thebeardedman said...

@tha
*...notice, halfway thru i passed out :D

Hari said...

Tooth-blowingly-awesome!!

Reminds me of the dentist scene in Final Destination II.

thebeardedman said...

@ Hari

i haven't seen that one, but i'm sure it wudn't hav been even half as gory as mine :)

Stanley Lyndon said...

luckily cmc doesn't have dentists. so i'm safe as long as i'm there..
/quote

Who says so? :)

Sriram said...

hehe good one! Short but drove er.. drilled home the point :D

(btw, this is Sriram, 2008 batch, loyola)